Why did my transfer fail?
The registries will not allow transfer of domains for the following
- Domains cannot be transferred within the first 60-days of
- If a domain status listed as clientTransfer Prohibited
(Registrar-Lock), Registrar-Hold, Registry-Hold, Redemption Period or
The Registrar of Record may deny a transfer request only in the
following specific instances:
- Evidence of fraud
- UDRP action
- Court order by a court of competent jurisdiction
- Reasonable dispute over the identity of the Registered Name Holder
or Administrative Contact
- No payment for previous registration period (including credit card
charge-backs) if the domain name is past its expiration date or for
previous or current registration periods if the domain name has not yet
expired. In all such cases, however, the domain name must be put into
"Registrar Hold" status by the Registrar of Record prior to the denial
- Express written objection to the transfer from the Transfer Contact.
(e.g. - email, fax, paper document or other processes by which the
Transfer Contact has expressly and voluntarily objected through opt-in
- A domain name was already in Â“lock statusÂ” provided that the
Registrar provides a readily accessible and reasonable means for the
Registered Name Holder to remove the lock status.
- A domain name is in the first 60 days of an initial registration
- A domain name is within 60 days (or a lesser period to be
determined) after being transferred (apart from being transferred back
to the original Registrar in cases where both Registrars so agree and/or
where a decision in the dispute resolution process so directs).
Instances when the requested change of Registrar may not be denied
include, but are not limited to:
- Nonpayment for a pending or future registration period
- No response from the Registered Name Holder or Administrative
- Domain name in Registrar Lock Status, unless the Registered Name
Holder is provided with the reasonable opportunity and ability to unlock
the domain name prior to the Transfer Request.
- Domain name registration period time constraints, other than during
the first 60 days of initial registration or during the first 60 days
after a registrar transfer.
- General payment defaults between Registrar and business partners /
affiliates in cases where the Registered Name Holder for the domain in
question has paid for the registration.
For inquiries regarding transfers that were rejected by the losing
registrar, please contact that registrar. Unfortunately we do not have
access to the reason(s) the current registrar has rejected your transfer
Was this answer helpful?
Yes, we are a member of Nominet, we can be found under EX Networks Limited t/as Express Hosting...
Transfer fees depend on the domain TLD. For a full price list, please visit:...
Please raise a support ticket to request a re-submission of a failed domain transfer. You do...
Per ICANN regulations, once the gaining registrar has received transfer verification from the...
If the transfer is taking a very long time, please contact support who will check the status of...